Clean Barrels and Eliminate Brettanomyces
The use of steam in the bottling line assures a complete kill rate in the whole system from the membrane filter to the fill spouts. The bottling line reaches a higher overall temperature- disinfecting faster and saving a great deal of time in the sterilization process. Dry steam vapour is an effective means of killing of brettanomyces, which have traditionally been subjected to chemicals. The process only takes 15 minutes of time once a minimum temperature of over 100ºC is reached.
The whole process is done without a single chemical, meaning no wastewater to treat- and no ugly after-taste in the barrels, which could adversely affect the following season's wine.Save money on wastewater treatment and chemical use.
Cleaning, Detartrating and Disinfection of Barrels:
After decanting, proceed and rinse using a high pressure machine and cold water, duration of steam cycle depending on the age and status of the barrel, proceed again and rinse with cold water.
Vaporisation and cleaning of wine barrels using Bacchus Steam System:
Steam diffuser inside a barrel
Vaporisation of a barrel for approx 1 minute
- Removal of Bretanomyces from the wood fibers.
- Complete releasing of scale from the barrel's walls.
- Detartrating and disinfection of the barrel with only one operation.
Also the Bacchus system can clean bottling lines.
Click the image below to go to bottling lines cleaning:
- Innovative and 100% natural process without the usage of chemicals
- Does not emit dangerous smokes into the atmosphere, usable also in closed environments
- No need of special permissions or patents for the usage of our equipments.
- Rapid start-up of the boiler (about 5 min).
- Machine with trolley, easy to move as space-saving.
- Ensures long life to the microfiltration cartridges.
Sanitizing Tanks and Removing Tartrates
Tartrates and other substances commonly cling to the walls of storage tanks, with the simple connection of the Bacchus system to the storage tank the steam melts away all residues and tartrates and the condensation allows for them to drain out the bottom of the tank. A quick rinse with cold water causes a thermo-shock removing any remaining residue from the walls. After only 15 minutes the tank is completely sterilized without the use of caustic or other harsh chemicals, greatly reducing water consumption wastewater treatment. With the Bacchus steam cleaning system there is no need for anyone to enter the tanks anymore, saving precious manpower, time and money